The Fanpage of the Icelandic band Hellvar by Wim Van Hooste

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Eg og heilinn minn - Ragnheiður Eiríksdóttir

Eg og heilinn minn - Ragnheiður Eiríksdóttir
After my initial shock that a look-a-likey Carlytime is vying to cross the ESC stage for Iceland, I can report that this is quite a nice, upbeat ditty with a very pleasing melody and a strong chorus. It's not really the kind of thing I would normally go for, having a sort of 60s, Itchykoo Park feeling to it, but somehow it really hooks you in from the start. She's got a kooky little voice in which the Icelandic sounds very charming - I'm reminded of fellow Icelandic band Mum in terms of voice quality despite the big difference in musical style - and I can see this making an impact in Helsinki.

Source:
http://euromoments.blogspot.com (Post 30/1/2007)

No comments: